Gobble Dinner Kit Unboxing








This week I received a dinner box called Gobble. This box is slightly different from other meal delivery services that I've tried in the past. Unlike other dinner kits, Gobble provides restaurant-style meals that have already been prepped and portioned for your convenience. The recipes provided come in 3 easy steps, and take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Signing up for the weekly subscription is very similar to other meal delivery services. Upon signing up, I was asked for meal preferences and delivery information. Payment was made prior to meal selection.



*Image via Gobble Website


After payment, I was directed to my meal selection for the upcoming delivery. Based on my chosen plan, I could select 3 meals from 7 choices. I selected the following meals;
  • Porcini Mushroom Ravioli with Lacinato Kale & Caramelized Onions
  • Brown Sugar-Crusted Salmon with Mashed Avocado & Tomato Vinaigrette
  • Honey-Hoisin Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Carrot Giner Puree


Gobble also offers soups, sides, and cookies for an additional charge. 


*Images via Gobble Website



In regards to pricing, Gobble also differs from other popular meal kits. Gobble is slightly more expensive, starting at $71.70 per week if ordering 6 meals at $11.95 each. Shipping is free. I believe the additional cost is due to the convenience factor of this service, everything is already done for you. This meal kit would most likely be a good fit for busy families or individuals that want homecooked meals, without the hassle of heavy prepping. I also think it would make a nice gift for grandparents/ parents. It would be a thoughtful gesture as a postpartum meal, those recovering from surgery, etc. It's a nice break from a lot of cooking. 


Gobble - Modern Family Meals

Unboxing



Inside the box was a welcoming letter with an overview of Gobble's service, and contact information.  I noticed right away that this box didn't feel as cold as other boxes that I've received in the past from other services. There were only two cold packs inside, and the food didn't feel as cold as it should be. I was happy that I was home to receive this delivery because I'm not sure how well the food in the box would have held up if I wasn't able to put the items in the fridge immediately. There was also no indication on the recipe cards of when specific meals should be consumed. I contacted the company and I was told meals should be consumed within a 5 day period. In my opinion, for a company that charges $71.70 a week, the items should have excellent packaging, with no issues. 

I will say I was delighted to see cookie dough in the bottom of the box (enough for two decent sized-cookies) because I didn't order this extra treat. It was a pleasant surprise. 

I will give another review after I cook the first meal in the Gobble Dinner Kit, and let you know my thoughts. I'm hoping the meals are as good as they sound. 



Comments

Popular Posts