Degustabox Review: October Box




My family recently received our first Degustabox. This monthly subscription provides 9-14 full sized edible products. The subscriber, however, does not choose the assortment of products that they will receive each month. Your delivery is a complete surprise which makes Degustabox fun and exciting.

I have to admit though the thought of receiving surprise food in the mail was slightly daunting. I want to enjoy what I'm paying for and know that I'm receiving a good value. However, I was still intrigued by this service and wanted to give it a try. 




Unboxing was enjoyable. I felt like I was opening a gift since I didn't know what was inside the box. On the very top was a well-designed infographic of the products that were included. On the back of the infographic were three recipes that utilize some of the items inside. I thought this was a nice touch. 






The October box featured the following products and the value according to Degustabox:

Two 0.9 oz Kernel Season's - $1.49 each

1 Packet of 2 Mini Boboli Original Crusts- $4.27

Goetze's Candy Co. Mini Cow Tales - $2.25

Small Bag of Hippeas (Organic Chickpea Puffs)- $3.49

Loacker Quadratini Raspberry-Yogurt Bite Size Wafer Cookies - $3.99

Welch's Fruit n' Yogurt Snacks (Cherry Flavor) $2.99

1 Can of Bush's White Chili Beans - $1.39

1 Can of Bush's Kidney Chili Beans in Mild Chili Sauce - $1.39

Two 2.2oz containers of Sunbutter- approx $.88 each

Dave's Gourmet Overnight Oats Blueberry Vanilla Almond- $3.49 

Welch's Fruit n' Yogurt Snack Coupon - $.50 off

Overall Impression


To be completely honest, I probably wouldn't have bought some of these items on my own if given the choice. However, because of this, I had the opportunity to try some new products. I immediately knew that I would be using the chili beans to make some chili. I'd be using the Boboli for a quick pizza dinner. I liked that I was easily able to see a couple of meal ideas in the box, rather than have a box filled with snacks. I found this useful and it added more value to the box for me.

As far as the snacks go, I love cow tales so that was a huge hit. I've purchased the Loacker wafers before but consistently in dark chocolate. I was initially disappointed to see the raspberry-yogurt flavor because I immediately thought I wouldn't like it, but I was pleasantly surprised and ended up enjoying it. I don't like cherry flavored things at all, but luckily my toddler fell in love with the Welch's Fruit n' Yogurt snacks. The box included a coupon and I used it this past weekend to get another box for her.  

My toddler also LOVED the Hippeas snacks. This was the most diverse item in the box. Hippeas are organic, gluten-free, vegan, non GMO and made from chickpeas. They resemble cheese puffs and are essentially supposed to be similar. They were very good. I also liked that they mentioned for each pack sold, Hippeas donates a portion of the sale to Farm Africa in support of farmers in eastern Africa. 

The SunButter tasted like...Sunflower seeds! It's a great alternative to peanut butter. It's safe for people with peanut and tree nut allergies. Apparently, it is also a much healthier option. My child loves peanut butter and jelly, and I'd be happy to make the change over to Sunbutter as a healthier alternative. 

I have not yet had a chance to try the Kernel Season's as of yet, or the Dave's Gourmet Overnight Oats. 



Overall, I thought this was a fun box to receive. As I mentioned earlier I did receive items I wouldn't normally purchase. However, my family discovered a couple of items that we love that we would have never tried if it wasn't for the Degustabox. I believe that's the purpose of this box...to try new things. In regards to value, I looked online to see what these products usually go for, this is what found:



1 2.85oz Kernel Season's- $ 1.98 each (Walmart)

1 Packet of 2 Mini Boboli Original Crusts- $3.77 (Walmart)

Goetze's Candy Co. Mini Cow Tales - $1.50 (Walmart)

Small Bag of Hippeas (Organic Chickpea Puffs)- $4.06 (Walmart)

Loacker Quadratini Raspberry-Yogurt Bite Size Wafer Cookies - $4.06 (Walmart)

Welch's Fruit n' Yogurt Snacks (Cherry Flavor) $2.00 (Walmart)

1 Can of Bush's White Chili Beans - $1.91 (Walmart)

1 Can of Bush's Kidney Chili Beans in Mild Chili Sauce - $1.91 (Walmart)

Two 2.2oz containers of Sunbutter- approx $.74 each (Walmart)

Dave's Gourmet Overnight Oats Blueberry Vanilla Almond- $3.75 (Amazon)

Welch's Fruit n' Yogurt Snack Coupon - $.50 off

The items in the red are products I found cheaper online. From what I found, the value of the box is around $25.50. Keep in mind that prices of products tend to fluctuate. Even though some items could be found cheaper, I do think the Degustabox is a value. They charge $9.99 for your first box and then $20 a month afterward. What you're receiving in the box is worth more. 

*Edit- I just noticed that I forgot to include the 2 Sunrype Fruit to Go Bars I received however, they were not on the infographic. I'm not sure if this was a free gift for signing up. According to Walmart's website, these fruit bars usually go for $.79 a piece. 






Comments

Popular Posts