HelloFresh: Pineapple Poblano Beef Tacos Review


Taco Tuesday! How lucky were we to have had Pineapple Poblano Beef Tacos in our HelloFresh box this week? Pretty lucky, because they were awesome! 


I've had quite a few taco-themed dishes from HelloFresh in the past and they've consistently done a wonderful job in providing meals with bold flavors. The taco dishes rarely have me missing the abundance of cheese and sour cream that I'm used to when making my own tacos. To be perfectly honest, the first time I received a taco recipe dish from HelloFresh and saw that there wasn't cheese, I was slightly horrified. How could I possibly enjoy this without cheese? That's one of the things I love about HelloFresh, they show you how to create meals using various ingredients in a way you wouldn't normally prepare it. It changes your view on how you can prepare food.


This particular recipe wasn't difficult to prepare. The recipe card stated that it would take about 20 minutes from start to finish. It took me slightly longer due to the amount of prep work involved with cutting up the produce.  The onion, poblano, tomatoes, cilantro, pineapple, and a lime were combined to make a salsa. Leftover poblano and onion were cooked in taco seasoning, and the beef was added. Pineapple juice was stirred in to give additional flavor. The tortillas were assembled and served with a side of sour cream and lime.






This meal was incredibly refreshing. The salsa and cooked veggies gave this dish many layers of flavor which made the tacos more complex. The absence of cheese did not bother me. The tacos were delicious as is. The portions were appropriate and filling. My husband and I enjoyed three tacos each. We would look forward to receiving this recipe again. This was a great meal.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts