Hungryroot: Banana Bread Overnight Oats & Crunchy Walnut Date Muesli Review

Good Morning! I didn't have to think too hard about what I was going to prepare for breakfast this morning because Hungryroot already had me covered. My Banana Bread Overnight Oats & Crunchy Walnut Date Muesli cups were sitting on the kitchen counter ready to go. My husband opted for the muesli and I had the overnight oats.



I had the option to prepare the banana bread oats for overnight, or prepare them right away, which I did. The preparation was simple; add 1/2 cup cold or hot water, or milk to the container and cover with the lid and let sit for 2 minutes. Stir and enjoy. Pretty simple right? I already had a kettle going for tea, so I used hot water.



Over Impression



I loved this breakfast. I told my husband, I wish this could be a morning staple. It was that good! It tasted exactly the way warm banana bread should. The added texture of the walnuts throughout the oatmeal was wonderful, and the maple syrup gave it just enough sweetness. I also felt the portion was right. I was full and energized, and ready to start the day. This dish was a definite winner!


Nutrition 





My husband prepared the Crunchy Walnut Date Muesli. The preparation for this was also insanely easy; adding your desired amount of milk or water and then stir. Or serve with yogurt. The direction card gave an exact measurement for milk or water. It said to use 1/2 cup. He chose to add 1/2 cup of milk.


Overall Impression


I honestly wasn't too crazy about this one, and my husband thought it was only, "okay." I usually prefer a warm breakfast, so perhaps this was part of the problem for me. It was basically like an ordinary cup of an oat and seed mix, with subtle sweetness added from the dates and raisins. I felt like I was fishing around for those raisins like I would in a bowl of raisin bran as a kid. Those raisins made each bite more enjoyable, giving it that extra burst of flavor. Even though this dish was only, "okay," my husband thought it was filling and he felt good after eating it.



Nutrition 





*Note- The recipe card for the Banana Bread Overnight Oats was combined with the Almond Chickpea Cookie Dough to make a Banana Chickpea Cookie Mugcake. Although I would have liked to try this, I found more value in using the oats as a breakfast rather than a dessert. I would suggest that Hungryroot sends two Banana Bread Overnight Oats, so one may be used for breakfast and the other for this specific recipe. 


Comments

Popular Posts