HelloFresh: Adobo Loco Steak Review



I have a terrible cold this week, and luckily HelloFresh had a little jar of therapeutic adobo sauce to accompany our last meal. The Adobo Loco Steak had enough spice to help me breathe for the duration of dinner. Yay! I chose the Adobo Loco Steak as one of this week's recipes because it was labeled as one of HelloFresh's Hall of Fame meals. Of course, I had to see if I agreed. 

This recipe was the most involved recipe out of the three that I received this week. However, this recipe was not difficult to prepare. Potatoes were cut and roasted. The onion and poblano were sliced and sauteed with the canned corn. The steak was seared and then finished in the oven with the potatoes.  The sauce was cooked on the stovetop with leftover onion, adobo sauce, and sour cream. The sauteed vegetables and potatoes were divided between plates and the steak was placed on top. The sauce finished it off. 




So, I wouldn't exactly put this meal in the Hall of Fame because I've had better meals from HelloFresh. I'm not saying this meal was bad, it was good just not Hall of Fame good. I liked the flavors of the dish. The sweetness of the corn stood out, as well as the heat from the adobo and poblano. The potato and steak had a great savory flavor -the dish was well balanced. However, it wasn't my favorite. Perhaps, not feeling well had me a little off. I'm not sure. I had high expectations going into this one, and I thought it was somewhat ordinary. However, this meal was still enjoyable. 




HelloFresh remains to be my favorite among all subscription meal delivery services I've received, and I'm looking forward to cooking with them in the future. 

Comments

Popular Posts