Hungryroot: Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa Bowl Review





My first shipment of Hungryroot arrived today and I was more than excited to dig in. Conveniently, the box arrived right around lunch time. Perfect! My delivery included one ready-to-eat snack or light lunch, a "Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa Bowl." This dish couldn't have been easier to prepare - they weren't joking about the "ready-to-eat," bit. One container had the roasted red pepper, and the other the quinoa. I simply mixed them together and heated it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. You also had the option to eat this dish cold. The container the meal came in was very compact, easy to bring to work, and included a fork that you could assemble to eat this on the run. I thought this was awesome!

Overall Impression
So how did it taste? I was slightly nervous about trying this, I usually feel as though I need a little more substance to my meals and this didn't look all that impressive on my dish. I'll tell you what though, this light lunch packed a punch of wonderful flavor. It was delicious and filling. This dish was mildly spicy with hot red peppers and jalapenos. The peppers amped up the flavor big time.



Nutrition

This meal was vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO, rich in fiber, rich in protein, and 230 calories. The container the meal came in was BPA free.



So far I'm liking Hungryroot. I'm excited to try out more of what came in the box.

Comments

Popular Posts