Yumble Kids Review


Do you have a child who is super picky when it comes to food? I do too. Literally, almost everything ends up on the floor unless the meal consists of french fries or Pirates Booty Veggie Puffs. Thank god for our dog! She's an incredible vacuum cleaner. 

My child has been introduced to an array of interesting foods since she was able to eat solids. If you follow me on social media, you'd be able to see what I'm offering up for dinner on most nights - not too shabby in my opinion. So, what am I doing wrong? Why is my toddler so picky? What can I do? 

I saw a meal delivery service online called Yumble. This weekly meal delivery service is unique as it is intended for children ages one to twelve. The meals are fully-prepared, healthy, and aimed towards children who are picky eaters. Sounds great! 





                           Photo Credit: yumblekids.com                                  


Ordering was simple and straightforward. You personalize a plan for your family, based on how many children you have and their dietary restrictions. You're also asked about your biggest mealtime stress.  For my plan, I chose 6 meals per week at $7.99 a meal. These meals could be dinners, lunches, and or snacks. The meal plan offered free activities and collectibles with your purchase. 

I ordered the following meals:
1.CHICKEN POPS

served with baked sweet potato fries, steamed broccoli, and organic applesauce

2. GLUTEN FREE BOWL OF YAYS!
served with gluten free penne pasta and baked carrot fries


3. BEAN-A-RITO
served with steamed brown rice and roasted bell peppers


4. SWEET N SOUR MEATBALLS
served with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans


5. PIZZA PANINI
served with edamame beans and corn salad


6. PROTEIN POPPERS
made from sunbutter, coconut, oats, and cocoa nibs.


I was very impressed with the quality and care that went into the shipment. The box was insulated well, and there were plenty of ice packs to keep the meals from spoiling. Each meal came pre-packaged, much like a tv-dinner would. I checked the packaging on each meal and did notice that the plastic seal on the "Gluten Free Bowl Of Yays!" was broken. I threw this meal away due to safety purposes and contacted the company. I received the following response:



Unfortunately, these things can happen during shipment. I was happy with their quick response and their willingness to resolve the issue. 

In the box, was a small welcoming pamphlet with some information on Yumble activities. Coloring sheets, fun food trivia cards, Yumble masks (made from the food packaging), and Yumble coins to reward good eating and behavior. My favorite item included was a star chart, that is intended to be put on the fridge. Children color in or put a sticker on a square for each meal they complete. I thought this was a great idea, and we will continue to use this to encourage healthy eating habits.





THE MEALS





My child asked to try the chicken pops first. She was seriously intrigued by the chicken on a stick. Preparation of the meals was incredibly easy. Preheat oven to 325 - heat 8-10 minutes. 

So, how did it go? 


She wasn't liking it. Now, this was incredibly disappointing. I paid for a meal delivery service for my toddler and had a fridge full of these special meals for picky kids. I wasn't too happy at this moment. If your child is used to chicken nuggets and they were expecting that typical chicken nugget flavor, that's not what they're going to get here. These did not taste processed, which I was happy about - however, it lacked in flavor and was rather bland. I considered this meal a flop and was hoping the other meals would be better. The vegetables were good - nothing groundbreaking. 





Next up was the Pizza Panini. This was my child's favorite. She ate one panini and went insane about the edamame. She did like the corn - turned her head up to the black beans. Not good knows for the future bean-a-rito. I absolutely loved this meal. It was very flavorful and would enjoy eating it for lunch myself. 




My child barely touched the Sweet N Sour Meatballs. She really disliked this meal. I tasted the meatballs and thought they were much too sweet, my husband, however, did not agree. He thought they were good. The mashed potato had a nice texture, and taste. The green beans were good. However, this meal did not get eaten by my toddler :-( 





As I said earlier, I made a prediction that she wouldn't like the bean-a-rito because she disliked the black beans in the vegetable mix from the Pizza Panini. I was correct. She tried the burrito but did not enjoy the beans. She loved the steamed brown rice and roasted bell peppers, and finished it. I loved the bean-a-rito. I thought it was incredibly delicious and was shocked that she didn't like it. 



Last for us to try were the protein poppers. No shock here...she loved these! She is a lover of sunbutter so these were a hit! This was an easy go-to snack that I felt good about giving my child. It's a healthier alternative to other things she could have been snacking on. They were also very filling. One is plenty for a small tummy. 

FINAL THOUGHTS

I like Yumble. They put a lot of time and thought into the service itself, the activities provided for your child and customer service was helpful. The meals, for the most part, are pretty tasty. Sadly, this meal service is not for MY child. Not yet, at least. I can see this service being a great value for someone with older children, looking to try new and different meals. I can see this being great for busy parents that don't have the time to prepare a big dinner but still want to provide healthier meals for their children. This may be good for toddlers if you have a strong eater. However, I don't recommend this if your child is already snubbing tons of food at home - this won't be any different for you. In my opinion, you'll be wasting $$$

If you're interested in trying Yumble. Get 20% off for your first 4 weeks here: https://yumblekids.com/QE5XWO



Comments

Popular Posts