HelloFresh: Carolina Barbecue Chicken with Quick Stovetop Mac 'n' Cheese and Green Beans Review

HelloFresh holds a special place in my heart. It was the first meal delivery service I tried and it had me hooked from the very beginning. The meals have always been well-inspired and delicious. I truly believe it has made me a better cook and has given me a better sense of what makes an excellent meal. I get excited about preparing dinner now and I strive to impress with every meal.

I was so happy to receive this week's HelloFresh delivery after dining on bags of vegetables the past few days from the "other" service we had just tried. I was ready to eat something with a little more substance.



Tonight, I chose to prepare the Carolina Barbecue Chicken with Quick Stovetop Mac 'n' Cheese and Green Beans. According to the recipe card this meal would take about 20 minutes to prepare and I was totally feeling the comfort food vibe.

HelloFresh provides the ingredients for each meal. Some of the ingredients are pre-measured and some of them are not, leaving you with some extras (mostly herbs). You're doing the cooking, learning some new skills, and enjoying a wonderful homemade meal that you can be proud of.

This particular meal didn't require much prep, other than flattening chicken breasts, mincing chili, and chives. The chicken breasts were prepared on the stovetop within minutes and coated with barbecue sauce and vinegar. The pasta and green beans were cooked together, killing two birds with one stone. The mac 'n' cheese ingredients were simply mixed into the pasta after the cooked beans were removed. The dish was then plated.




The meal itself was made with humble ingredients, but this did not hinder the dishes flavor. It was a classic comfort food dish. The chicken was tender, and tasted bright with enough zing to make it interesting. The mac 'n' cheese was savory and the chives made a lovely addition.  Crisp green beans were lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and made a simple but perfect side.

Although an uncomplicated meal, it was a winner for us.







Comments

Popular Posts